Your privacy is important to us.
Who we are
Peter and Nikki Salter are joint owners of Ampeli Villa and the associated holiday rental business.
Nikki is the author of the website pissouribay.com, administrator and data controller.
Personal information collection
We may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- newsletter subscribers: name, email address
- visitors contributing blog comments: name, email address, website, IP address
- enquirers: name, contact details, number of adults and children, proposed dates
- guests: names of all members of the party | children’s ages | party leader: contact details, address, bank details | misc: preferences, birthdays/anniversaries/occasions during stay
Storing personal information
Your data is kept securely in accordance with our ICO registration:
- booking form details: in a specialised computer database
- hard copies: booking forms, name/dates/requests in a diary
- records: kept for 7 years and shared with accountant preparing HMRC tax submission
- bank details: payee for security bond return via online banking (card payments are returned as card refunds)
Using personal information
To understand your needs and provide you with a bespoke service, we:
- correspond over arrangements for your stay (normally by email/text, occasionally phone)
- provide pre-stay documents and password access to the ‘guest only’ section of the website (you are responsible for keeping this confidential)
- collect payments, send invoices and receipts
- supply services – which involves sharing the following with our local agents: manager: lead guest first name, arrival/departure times, composition of group – adults/children/children’s ages, beds/bedroom use, requests, celebrations | pool maintenance: composition of group – adults/children/children’s ages
After your stay we request voluntary feedback, and offer the option of future mailings – to enable us to:
- quote your testimonials (attributed with first name and surname initial, may be abridged) and share photos you have authorised us to use
- quote and share your publicly posted online testimonials (for example on Facebook or Google)
- send occasional email newsletters and offers (opt out any time)
Your information is only passed to third parties in circumstances outlined in this policy. A copy of the details submitted via the website booking form is automatically returned for your records. Our website availability calendar does not show names with bookings. Where we disclose your personal data to its agents, (for example a mobile number in the event that our manager needs to make contact), they will only use your information for that specific purpose. When giving a referral to another villa owner, we give their details to you, rather than pass on yours (unless given specific permission).
We may need to disclose your personal information if required by law (for example if our Internet Service Provider notified us of illegal downloads). We also reserve the right to share personal information and correspondence (for example with our insurers, or card payment portal in the event of a claim).
Securing your data
We aim to implement the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) registration: ZA276121.
Use of third party websites
This website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
- electronic transactions: secure card payment portal protected by encryption – card details are entered by you (and not shared with us)
- newsletter database: stored within our MailChimp account – all mailings have an unsubscribe option
Vineland Pissouri Bay is a private road with security CCTV provided by Vineland Developments. Additionally we have our own camera (view shown) covering vehicles on the drive.
Updating your personal information
Please use our contact form or email email@example.com should you wish to request:
- a copy of the details we hold about you on our database
- an update to or removal from our database
Updating this statement
In the context of electronic messaging, spam refers to unsolicited, bulk or indiscriminate messages, typically sent for a commercial purpose. We have a zero-tolerance spam policy.
Automated spam filtering
Our messaging systems automatically scan all incoming email messages, and filter-out those that appear to be spam.
Problems with spam filtering
No message filtering system is 100% accurate, and from time to time legitimate messages will be filtered-out by our systems. If you believe this has happened to a message you have sent, please contact us by another means. You can reduce the risk of your message being labelled as spam by sending as plain text rather than HTML, removing attachments, and scanning for malware before dispatch.
Receipt of unwanted messages from pissouribay.com
In the unlikely event that you receive a message from pissouribay.com that may be considered to be spam, please notify us and the matter will be investigated.
Changes to this anti-spam policy
We may amend this anti-spam policy any time by posting a new version on this website.
Either use our contact form or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies on our website
Pissouribay.com uses the following cookies:
- StatCounter: website use analytics
- Social Media: we use Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube and Instagram functionality so that you can share or follow us on social media
- Google Chrome: Settings > Advanced > Content Settings > Cookies
- Internet Explorer: Tools > Internet Options > Privacy
- Firefox: Tools > Options > Privacy
Please note that restricting cookies for this website may impact on its functionality.
These documents were adapted from Contractology templates from freenetlaw.com.