Your privacy is important to us. We collect the minimum amount of personal data to deliver our services.
Who we are
Peter and Nikki Salter are joint owners of Ampeli Villa.
Nikki is the author of the website pissouribay.com and holiday rental administrator.
Personal information collection
We may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- newsletter subscribers: name, email address
- blog commentators: name, email address, website, ip address
- enquirers: name, contact details, number of adults and children, proposed dates
- guests: names of all members of the party | children’s ages
- party leader: contact details, address, bank details
- misc: preferences, birthdays/anniversaries/occasions during stay
Storing personal information
Your data is kept securely in accordance with our ICO registration:
- booking form data: held via industry-standard database
- financial records: kept for 6 years as required by HMRC, and shared with accountant
- bank details: payee for security bond return via online banking (card payments are returned as refunds)
Using personal information
To understand your needs and provide you with a bespoke service, we:
- correspond over arrangements for your stay (normally by email/text, occasionally phone)
- provide pre-stay documents and password access to the ‘guest only’ section of the website (you are responsible for keeping this confidential)
- collect payments, send invoices and receipts
- supply services – which involves sharing the following with our local agents:
- manager: lead guest first name, arrival/departure times, composition of group – adults/children/children’s ages, beds/bedroom use, requests, celebrations
- pool maintenance: composition of group – adults/children/children’s ages
After your stay we request voluntary feedback, and offer the option of future mailings – to enable us to:
- quote your testimonials (attributed with first name and surname initial, may be abridged) and share photos you have authorised us to use
- quote and share your publicly posted online testimonials (for example on Facebook or Google)
- send occasional email newsletters and offers (opt out any time)
Your information is only routinely passed to third parties in circumstances outlined in this policy. A copy of the details submitted via the website booking form is automatically returned for your records. Our website availability calendar shows initials with bookings. Where we disclose your personal data to our agents, (for example a mobile number in the event that our manager needs to make contact), they will only use your information for that specific purpose. When giving a referral to another villa owner, we give their details to you, rather than pass on yours (unless given specific permission).
We may need to disclose your personal information if required by law (for example if notified of illegal downloads). We also reserve the right to share personal information and correspondence with third parties in exceptional circumstances (for example with our insurers, or card payment portal in the event of a claim).
Securing your data
We aim to implement the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) registration: ZA276121.
Use of third party websites
This website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
- booking and feedback forms: stored within our online account
- electronic transactions: secure card payment portal – card details are entered by you (and not shared with us) | online invoicing
- newsletter database: stored within our online account – all mailings have an unsubscribe option
Vineland Pissouri Bay is a private road with security CCTV provided by Vineland Developments. Additionally we have our own camera covering vehicles on the drive (sample view shown).
Updating your personal information
Please use our contact form or email email@example.com should you wish to request:
- a copy of the details we hold about you on our database
- an update to or removal from our database
Updating this statement
First-time visitors are alerted to our use of website cookies via a consent button. These are files sent by servers and stored by browsers. Anonymous information is sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page. This is aggregated into reports which help us improve the site by showing the number of visitors, where they have come from, and pages visited.
Cookies on our website
Pissouribay.com uses the following cookies:
- Google Chrome: Settings > Advanced > Content Settings > Cookies
- Internet Explorer: Tools > Internet Options > Privacy
- Firefox: Tools > Options > Privacy
- Microsoft Edge: Settings > Advanced Settings > Cookies
Please note that restricting cookies for this website may impact on its functionality.
In the context of electronic messaging, spam refers to unsolicited, bulk or indiscriminate messages, typically sent for a commercial purpose. We have a zero-tolerance spam policy.
Automated spam filtering
Our messaging systems automatically scan all incoming email messages, and blog comments to filter-out those that appear to be spam.
Problems with spam filtering
No message filtering system is 100% accurate, and from time to time legitimate messages will be filtered-out by our systems. You can reduce the risk of your message being labelled as spam by sending as plain text rather than HTML, removing attachments, and scanning for malware before dispatch.
Receipt of unwanted messages from pissouribay.com
In the unlikely event that you receive a message from pissouribay.com that may be considered to be spam, please notify us.
Changes to this anti-spam policy
We may amend this anti-spam policy any time by posting a new version on this website.
Either use our contact form or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
These documents were partially based on Contractology templates from freenetlaw.com.